Firstly, thank you everyone for your lovely response to my big news on Wednesday, we’ve seen some familiar faces over on our Instagram page, Facebook page and more views on our website than excited in our first couple of days of being up and running!
Secondly, to thank you all, I have a really easy and delicious Banana & Blueberry Pancake recipe to share with you all! It’s quick and simple enough to make in the morning before work/uni and is so good for you! All I use is a really ripe banana (they provide lots of natural sweetness that you don’t even need to add any sugar or honey to this recipe at all), 2 organic free range eggs, some rolled oats and blueberries! It’s a really great mix of complex carbs, protein and good fats, plus all the antioxidants and vitamins from the fruit. A great way to start your morning!
I make these even easier by throwing it all in my bullet blender (I have a Ninja blender and I love it!) and it’s all mixed in about 30 seconds flat.
They’re a little bit more fragile than regular pancakes, so I’m more careful when flipping. But honestly, even if you fail at a successful flip, they’ll still taste awesome. I promise!
I didn’t put any toppings on them because I love them exactly how they are! But if you want to add some nut butter or tahini to it, I think that would be quite delicious too!
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it goes! Please feel free to tag me in your Instagram photos because I’d love to see your recreations and share them on here!
- 1 large, ripe banana
- 2 eggs (organic, free range)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Coconut oil, olive oil or organic butter to grease pan
- Place banana, eggs and rolled oats into a blender and pulse until batter is smooth.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan over a medium heat.
- Pour in half a cup of batter into the pan.
- Scatter 1/4 of the blueberries into the pancake.
- When the edges are golden and the pancake starts to bubble, carefully flip.
- Remove from pan when pancake is cooked through.
- Repeat until all 4 pancakes are made.
- Serve as is, or top with your favourite pancake toppings.