I know it’s Wednesday, but I feel like I’m still recovering the weekend! Jared and I had a friend’s wedding, which was celebrated on a boat in the middle of the harbour in Sydney. It was absolutely stunning! We had such a great time, enjoying the view and the endlessly flowing champagne!
There was also an “afterparty” held in the city after the cruise, and we also attended that. We didn’t get home until 5am, and so Jared and I just laid in bed and watched the sun rise together before falling asleep. Sunday was spent curled up on the couch watching dinosaur documentaries, eating take out and reminiscing on our night. I couldn’t have asked for as better way to end our weekend. And even though my feet are still a bit sore from dancing all day/night, I had such a good time!
Monday was a day of catching up on housework and cooking up some nourishing meals like this Chunky Potato and Lentil Lasagna. It was very, very welcomed after a weekend of champagne and take away!
I basically gathered all the veggies I had laying around (sweet potato, regular potatoes, kale, black zucchini, silverbeet, garlic and onion), a tin of organic lentils and some tinned tomatoes and passata together into a pot. I left the veggies chunky because 1. I was too lazy to finely dice everything after a day of houeswork and 2. I love being able to taste all the individual bits of veggies.
After simmering the sauce for 15mins, I layered the sauce with some gluten free lasagna sheets, topped it all with grated cheese and popped it into the oven to bake for 20mins. Bubbling, golden cheese, soft layers of gluten free lasagna sheets and deliciously chunky veggies. It was a welcome sight (and smell!).
I served it up with a simple chopped salad with tomato, cucumber, a bit of super finely diced onion and a good drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Not the fanciest side salad I’ve made, but it made good use of the last of our veggies and it tasted pretty fab!
I hope you enjoy the lasagna as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet potato, roughly diced
- 2-3 small white potatoes, roughly diced
- 2 large leaves of kale, shredded and stalks removed
- Half a bunch of silverbeet, shredded and stalks removed
- 1 400g tin of organic brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 400g tin of organic whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 700ml bottle of organic passata
- A teaspoon dried oregano or Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package gluten free lasagna sheets
- 1 and half cups grated tasty cheese
- Prepare and chop all veggies.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on the stovetop.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add all potatoes to the pan and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add remaining veggies, stir well and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, whole tomatoes, passata, salt, pepper and herbs and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer mostly covered for 15mins.
- Take off the heat.
- Pour a little bit of the sauce into a lasagna dish, enough to coat the bottom so the sheets don't stick.
- Add required amount of lasagna sheets. You may need to break the sheets up to fit them around.
- Ladle over some of the lasagna filling.
- Repeat until all sauce is used.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Leave to sit out of the oven for 10 minutes before cutting. This will help the lasagna "set" and make it easier to cut.