I’m here today to share with you all a delicious and simple recipe for Energy Oat Balls. So easy to prep, you just mix up all your ingredients (nothing fancy here either – most of you would have all the ingredients in your pantry already), roll them up and you’ve got a quick grab & go snack to munch on post work out or as a morning/afternoon pick me up at work/uni/college.
Unlike caffeine or high sugar snacks which can spike your blood sugars and then cause that dreaded crash of energy (which tends to leave you feeling worse and reaching for another top up of coffee/sugar soon after), these little energy balls going to help stabilise your blood sugar and keep you going for longer because of the good fats and protein in them.
(For the full recipe, please scroll to the bottom of the post where I’ve always got a nice, print ready version for you to use!)
For these energy balls, I stirred together rolled oats, LSA and chia seeds, then added natural peanut butter (only ingredients were peanuts and a bit of salt), tahini and small amount of organic honey. I stirred it with a mixing spoon at first, but eventually just got in there with my hands to bring it all together because it was easier.
The results should look and feel like an oat biscuit mix! All I did after that was take a heaped tablespoon of the mix, shaped it into a ball and rolled it in a “topping.” You can use anything for the toppings – chia/hemp/sesame seeds, cacao, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut or chopped nuts. I used chia seeds and cacao on some and then left some without being rolled in anything.
You should get about 12-14 depending on how big you make them, and they just need to be stored in the fridge or freezer until you want to eat them!
I hope you enjoy the recipe, and if you do make them, please take a snap and tag me on Instagram, or feel free to email me a picture. I’d love to share them on here!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup LSA
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar or oils added)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preferred toppings*
- Combine oats, LSA and chia seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter, tahini and honey to the bowl and mix together well. You may want to use your hands to combine it if needed.
- Get a spoonful of the mix, roll/shape it into a ball, roll it in your preferred topping, and repeat until all the mix is finished.
- Store it in the fridge/freezer until ready to eat.
- * You can use whatever you like to roll your energy balls in - chia/hemp/sesame seeds, more LSA, cacao or desiccated coconut. It's up to you! I used chia seeds and cacao, and left some without any topping at all!