Hello my loves, how are we this Tuesday?
I wanted to pop in today to share a recipe for some delicious little Fig & Goji Bliss Balls I made on Sunday. I actually made some cacao and goji ones too, but they didn’t turn out as well. I still ate them (no surprises there), but they definitely weren’t share worthy. These however, are most definitely share worthy!
Instead of using dates for the base of this bliss ball recipe, I soaked some sundried figs for the base instead. I found these at Aldi for $3.99, and the only ingredient is figs which was awesome. A lot of dried fruits have sugar added to them (lord knows why – dried fruits are naturally incredibly sweet already), so finding ones that aren’t is always great!
Into the bliss balls went the figs, raw cashews, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut oil. These babies are loaded with good fats, protein, nutrients and minerals! Guys, I felt healthy just looking at the ingredients when I was making these!! Admittedly, I’ve been a bit lazy over the last couple of weeks with my meals, and even eating (gasp!) frozen meals a few times a week (please don’t tell the nutrition police!). So it felt really good to be putting some effort into my eating habits and including more wholefoods again.
It honestly took me like 15mins to make these. I literally have no excuse to not make myself some healthy snacks for the week. Even if I told myself how much I hate washing up the food processor to try and get myself out of making them, I could still easily whip up one of my No Blend Bliss Balls. So many options, so little excuses!
So here is the recipe for you all so that you too have no excuses to not make yourself something delicious and nourishing for your daily snack as well. They go really well with a cup of herbal tea by the way, I trialled the combination just for you! (…..Ok, it was mostly for me, but still).
If you try the recipe and decide you love it, please feel free to take a snap of it and tag me in it on Instagram or email me a pic! I’d love to share your photo on here!
- 1 cup sundried figs*
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place figs in a bowl and cover with hot water and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Place cashews and sunflower seeds into a food processor and pulse until it resembles a crumbly mixture (see photos if unsure).
- Add goji berries, chia seeds, coconut oil and drained figs into the processor and pulse until well mixed. You may have to scrape down the sides to ensure even mixing.
- Using a tablespoon as a measure, scoop out a spoonful of the mix and squeeze and roll the mix into a ball.
- Repeat until mixture is finished. You should get approximately 12 tablespoon sized bowls from the mix.
- Place the bliss balls into an airtight container or jar and store in the fridge.
- * Make sure you get ones that do not have any added sugar, it should only have figs in the ingredients list.