This is not like your regular take away fried rice. This one is packed full of veggies, uses wholesome brown rice and is loaded with flavour, making it a delicious and nourishing meal that everyone will love!
I love a good fried rice, and so does Jared! It’s just so versatile! I usually just grab whatever veggies I have stashed in my fridge, my meat of choice if I feel like it and within half an hour I’ve got a delicious meal together. It’s safe to say that it’s a staple in our household!
Today I’m sharing the recipe for Pineapple Fried Rice. This one is completely vegan/vegetarian, which makes it even easier! There’s no waiting for meat to defrost or pre-cooking of meat, it’s absolutely packed to the brim with delicious, brightly-coloured veggies and it can be enjoyed as a side dish or on it’s own as a main!
For this recipe, I used capsicum, mushrooms, onion, garlic, broccoli, defrosted peas and corn and lots of fresh pineapple. If you don’t have any fresh pineapple, or you don’t want to have to peel and dice a pineapple yourself, you can of course use tinned diced pineapples. Just make sure you get the diced pineapples in juice and not syrup! I do encourage you to please use fresh in this recipe if you can though, it’s better for you and it tastes better too!
To make the fried rice, I simply sauteed the veggies and pineapple in some olive oil for a few minutes. I absolutely love the colours in this dish, you know just by looking at it that it’s going to be good for you!
I then just added some pre-cooked brown rice and GF soy sauce, and cooked it for a further few minutes. Just before serving, I topped it with bean shoots for added crunch and freshness, and some dried chilli and sliced green onion for an added flavour kick!
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe and healthy alternative to a take away favourite!
If you do try it out and love it, please let me know in the comments, or share your photo on Instagram with me and tag me @onedishaway so I can see it!
I hope you’re all enjoying your weekend so far, and I can’t wait to check in with you all soon for my weekend highlights!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas and corn mix, defrosted
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- To garnish: bean shoots, chilli flakes and spring onion
- Heat oil in a large wok or pan.
- Add the vegetables and pineapple to pan, and saute for 8-10mins, or until veggies have softened to your liking.
- Add brown rice and soy sauce and stir well.
- Cook for a further 3-4 mins, until everything is piping hot and cooked.
- Sprinkle over bean shoots, chilli flakes and spring onion.